Figure 6-5. Geologic block diagram of a hypothetical region showing igneous intrusions (K and L), a fault (M), and sedimentary rock layers.
1) The igneous intrusion K is older / younger (circle one) than sedimentary layers A and B based on the principle of___________________________ and the principle of _______________.
2) Which law or principle can be used to prove that the sedimentary layers A – H were disturbed (tilted) by a geological event?
3) The igneous intrusion intrude into layer A and B before / after (circle one) the tilt of the sedimentary layers A-H. Explain your answer.
4) Although not shown in this figure, fault M must have cut layers A and B because:
5) Could fault M also cut F, G, and H? Explain your answer.
6) Identify and describe all unconformities indicated in this cross section.
7) List, from oldest to youngest, the relative ages of sedimentary layers, igneous intrusions, fault, and formation of the unconformities.
Oldest __________________________________________________ Youngest
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more