Hello, can someone please help me with this homework assignment. My scanner was not working so i just download it direct. I want to compare my answer with your. thanks
1) Which of the following is true of the plasma membrane?
A) It is a rigid, nonchanging structure.
B) Its capabilities are primarily determined by carbohydrates in the membrane.
C) It only allows hydrophilic materials to pass through.
D) It controls the passage of substances into and out of the cell.
2) The plasma membrane is a semipermeable membrane. This means that it is:
A) permeable to small but not to large substances.
B) only permeable to cholesterol.
C) permeable to large charged molecules but not to small uncharged molecules.
D) permeable to small molecules except water.
3) Any solute will tend to diffuse
A) from an area of low concentration to an area of high concentration.
B) towards an area of unequal concentration.
C) towards an area of equal concentration.
D) from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
4) The term that describes the diffusion of water is:
A) active transport. B) simple diffusion. C) equilibrium. D) osmosis.
5) Which of the following best describes osmosis?
A) movement of water into a solute
B) diffusion of water from a greater to a lesser water concentration
C) diffusion of water from a greater to a lesser water concentration across a selectively permeable membrane
D) active transport of water across the cell membrane
6) In the experiment, substance diffusion follow the following directions: A) glucose diffuses from the bag interior into the beaker; starch and Iodine solution form the beaker into the bag
B) starch diffuses from the bag interior into the beaker; Iodine solution and glucode form the beaker into the bag
C) starch and glucose diffuse from the bag interior into the beaker; Iodine solution form the beaker into the bag
D) starch and Iodine solution diffuses from the bag interior into the beaker; glucode form the beaker into the bag
7) A fluid that has a higher concentration of solutes than a cell is called
A) isotonic. B) hypotonic. C) hypertonic.
8) If a single animal cell (Red Blood Cell) is placed in a hypotonic solution it will
A) shrink as it loses water.
B) stay exactly the same size as before.
C) swell up and possibly burst.
D) shrivel up.
9) If a single plant cell (Elodea) is placed in a hypotonic solution it will
A) swell up and possibly burst.
B) shrink as it loses water.
C) stay exactly the same size as before.
D) shrivel up.
10) A single plant cell (Elodea) will lost water if it is surrounded by
A) a hypertonic solution.
B) pure water.
C) a hypotonic solution.
Just need the letter answers to compare with my answers. Thank you
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more