Orientation: A New Look – Post Exam
1. EarlySteps operates under federal law the individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA), Part C. T/F
2. Early Intervention services are:
c. comprehensive and interagency
d. all of the above
3. Family-centered belief statements values the family as the constant in the child’s life. T/F
4. Which of the following is not a component of Part C?
b. service coordination
c. occupational therapy
d. special instruction
e. respiratory therapy
5. The role of EarlySteps providers is to:
a. provide diagnostic evaluations which lead to early intervention services
b. provide child-centered services in clinics or centers specializing in services to children with
c. provide consultation and education to families and caregivers to meet the child’s developmental
d. provide respite care for families.
6. Which of the following is NOT included under the EarlySteps umbrella of services?
a. IDEA Part C
b. IDEA Part B
d. EI record
7. Families participating in EarlySteps have the right to a copy of their child’s Early Intervention Record.
8. Federal legislation dictates that the time period form referral to IFSP development cannot exceed.
a. 21 days
b. 30 days
c. 45 days
d. 60 days
9. Confidentiality in Part C means:
a. the service coordinator can send client information to the physician without parental consent.
b. no information about a family will be shared unless the family gives written permission that is
specific regarding the shared information.
c. providers can share information about a child with the child’s future teachers or providers without
10. A child’s feeding abilities would be assessed in the category of adaptive function during the
EarlySteps assessment process. T/F
11. Learning takes place most effectively within the daily routines and activities of the child. T/F
12. Which of the following statements most accurately describes early intervention services?
a. EI services are developmental services which, to the maximum extent appropriate, are provided
through a child’s daily routine and typical activities, including settings where where children
without disabilities participate.
b. EI services are therapy services which are provide in clinics and center-based settings where
typically only children with disabilities participate.
13. Which of the following is false about families’ Concerns, Priorities and Resources (CPRs)?
a. family CPRs are identified only during the intake process.
b. identifying family CPRs ensures that families receive the services that are most important to them
c. identifying family CPRs is an ongoing process.
d. CPRs should identify the family’s naturally occurring supports and other community resources.
14. The lead agency for EarlySteps is:
a. Families Helping Families
b. Department of Health and Hospitals (OCDD)
c. Department of Education
15. In “Jacob’s Story”, Jacob’s play activities with Heidi, the PT, at the park impacted which of the
following developmental areas:
a. motor skills
b. communication skills
c. adaptive skills
d. a and c only
e. a, b and c
16. In “Jacob’s Story”, Jacob’s IFSP was developed by a team of professionals and his family based on
information gathered during the evaluation process. T/F
17. Jacob’s IFSP goals related to motor development could be as easily accomplished in a pediatric
outpatient clinic setting as the community park. T/F
18. In “Jacob’s Story”, it is reasonable for Heidi, a PT, to act as the primary service provider for Jacob,
with consultative input from the professional team. T/F
19. In “Jacob Story”, the intervention occurring in the park would be BEST described by the following
IFSP goal statements.
a. Jacob’s overall muscle tone will improve over time and in a variety of activities
b. Jacob will hold his head and body up, with support at his hips or around his chest, while swinging
and riding on playground equipment
20. Which of the following is not included on an EarlySteps IFSP?
a. type of early intervention services provided by EarlySteps.
b. setting for early intervention service delivery
c. family’s support system
d. early intervention Respite services to be provided
e. family’s medical history
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more