The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
Module 05 PATH Reflection and Tracking
Read the following scenario and answer the questions in the spaces provided.
Today in the clinic an expecting mother has come to the clinic to receive her Tdap injection prior to delivery. When the Medical Assistant is drawing up the medication she is in a hurry and prepared the wrong medication. The Medical Assistant gives the immunization to the patient and after the patient leaves she realizes that she has given her the influenza immunization, not the Tdap. She is scared of telling the Physician of her mistake and is not sure what she should do. She leaves work early and doesn’t tell anyone about her mistake.
Reflect on the above scenario and your experience in lab using your PATH (Professionalism, Attitude, Time Management, and Hygiene) for skills this week.
1. Professionalism: Do you feel the Medical Assistant handled this situation in a professional way? Why or why not? What steps did the MA skip that would have prevented this error?
Immunization Group Activity Tdap and Dtap VIS Summary
Directions-: Form in groups of 3 to 4 students, and assign the following roles. This activity should take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
1. Transcriptionist/writer ____________________________
3. Time keeper/ fact checker _________________________
You will all need a copy of the VIS sheet for the TdaP and Dtap vaccine from the CDC website.
Patient scenario: Your first patient today is Jim Johnson, a 35-year-old male with a nail puncture wound in his right foot. He states that the nail was an old one and very dirty. His wife drove him in today. They mentioned in the patient interview that they just had their first baby a few weeks ago. After reporting these facts to the Physician she asks you to prepare a TdaP injection and administer it to the patient. He is overall very health and has no allergies to drugs.
Prep work: Read the VIS sheets provided from the CDC website. This should be read in detail and discussed if there are any questions. Then Answer the following questions from the information found on the VIS sheet.
1. What is the immunization going to protect him from?
2. What are the signs and symptoms of all diseases?
3. What is the schedule of the immunization? Will any follow-up appointments be needed for this patient? Also list the schedule for the DtaP immunization.
4. Why are there two different options for this immunization (Tdap and Dtap)?
5. Why do you feel the Physician ordered the patient to have this immunization? Why not a Td which only contains tetanus immunization?
6. Before the immunizations is administered what type of questions will you ask the patient?
7. What are the side effects of the immunization?
8. When should the patient contact our clinic or 911, in the event of what side effects?
b. call 911
9. Is there any reason at this time you feel that the patient should not receive this immunization?
10. What type of injection is Tdap (needle and gauge) and where is it given?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more