Basic Statistics Data Used in Everyday Life
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· OpenStax Textbook: Chapter 1
· Lesson 1 Reading
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source AND one appropriate resource such as the textbook, math video and/or math website
In your reference for this assignment, be sure to include both your text/class materials AND your outside reading(s).
Initial Post Instructions
1. Present two different types of data, or variables, used in the health field. Examples could be blood pressure, temperature, pH, pain rating scales, pulse oximetry, % hematocrit, minute respiration, gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
2. Classify each of your variables as qualitative or quantitative and explain why they fall into the category that you chose.
3. Also, classify each of the variables as to their level of measurement–nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio–and justify your classifications.
4. Which type of sampling could you use to gather your data? (stratified, cluster, systematic, and convenience sampling)
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
Your responses to other students can explain additional analyses that could be done with the variables they selected. Consider confounding variables, discrete or continuous data, the effects of outliers, etc.
CO 1: Given scenarios supported by population data, apply sampling techniques and explain potential pitfalls and bias in data collection.
CO 2: Given datasets with qualitative and quantitative data, differentiate between the types of data and how they can be applied in statistical studies for everyday life.
**Remember to use the Chamberlain Library (
) to research scholarly resources to provide evidence in your discussions and cite your references at the end of each post. Your initial post is encouraged by 11:59 pm MT Wednesday, and your one follow-up post is due by 11:59 pm MT Sunday.**
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more