1. Create a Table in Design View (including Data Types)
2. Add 6 Records to the Table in Datasheet View
3. Create the 3 Queries
4. Describe what you could use a Form or Report for based on this information
Below is an example of a table created in Design View. Note the Field Names and Data Types. You will create one table in “Design View” by recreating the table in Word.
· Enter the Name of the Table on the “Table” line.
· Enter at least 5 field names.
· Enter the Data Type for each field.
· Note: Choices for data type include: Short Text, Long Text, Number, Large Number, Date/Time, Currency, AutoNumber, Yes/No, Calculated, Lookup Wizard (if you choose this, indicate what data will be in the dropdown – you don’t need to add the actual data. Ex: Includes all states)
· List which field is the table’s Primary Key
Name of Table 1: ______________________________________________________
Primary Key: ________________________________________________
We add data in Datasheet view. In Access, when you switch from Design to Datasheet view, your field names will appear across the top row, in the light gray area. Because this is a worksheet, you will re-add the field names, then enter your data.
· Enter the Field Names to each table.
· Enter your data in each table.
· Your table should have at least six records
Example (notice the Field Names from #1 now appear across the top of my table):
1. Enter Field Names (from Step 1) in the gray boxes
2. Enter each field’s associated data in the white boxes
You will create three queries by populating the tables below the example. Information for what should be included in each query is listed above the table.
Example (Note all circled fields will eventually be used):
JUST 3 FIELDS. In the table below write the fields you want displayed in your Query in the Field row. In the Table row, write the Table it came from.
INCLUDES A SORT AND 4 FIELDS. In the Field row, write the fields you want displayed in your Query. In the Table row, write the Table it came from. You should choose 4 fields for this Query. Write Ascending (A-Z) or Descending (Z-A) in the SORT row for one field.
INCLUDES 3 FIELDS AND CRITERIA. In the Field row, write the fields you want displayed in your Query. In the Table row, write the Table it came from. Choose 3 or more fields for this Query. Add a Criteria to the CRITERIA row. For example: If you are looking for all students with an “Undecided” major, you could add =“Undecided” to the Criteria Row for the Major field.
What steps would you take to create a REPORT? What information would you include in this REPORT?
What steps would you take to create a FORM? What information would you include in this FORM?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more