The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
1. Go to
Use the following search terms for this exercise:
Fatty acid degradation
Fatty acid biosynthesis
Instructions for using the KEGG database are in Bioinformatics Exercise 10.2. Chapter 17: Bioinformatics Exercise 17.2
1. The pathway for fatty acid degradation in the KEGG database begins with a ___carbon fatty acid, and the first step in humans is catalyzed by an enzyme having the KEGG Orthology (KO) entry number _______________.
A. 6; K01897
B. 16; K00232
C. 6; K08765
D. 16; K01897
2. After transport into the peroxisome, acyl-CoA is oxidized to trans-∆ -enoyl-CoA by which enzyme?
3. After each cycle of fatty acid degradation, the product has __ fewer carbon/s.
4. In humans, the formation of acetyl-CoA is catalyzed by ___________ during the initial cycles of fatty acid degradation and exclusively by __________ during the degradation of a 4-carbon acyl-CoA.
A. enoyl-CoA hydratase; thiolase
B. acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 1; acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 2
C. acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 2; acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 1
D. thiolase; enoyl-CoA hydratase Chapter 17: Bioinformatics Exercise 17.2
5. As indicated in the KEGG pathways for fatty acid degradation and biosynthesis, which pathway does NOT use acetyl-CoA as a substrate?
A. citric acid cycle
B. butanoate metabolism
C. fatty acid biosynthesis
6. Which statement is consistent with the comparison of fatty acid biosynthesis in humans and in Helicobacter pylori 2017?
A. Both organisms use the same multifunctional enzyme.
B. Humans use separate proteins to catalyze each step, while H. pylori 2017 uses one multifunctional enzyme to catalyze each step.
C. Humans use one multifunctional enzyme to catalyze each step, while H.
pylori 2017 uses separate proteins to catalyze each step.
D. Both organisms use separate proteins to catalyze each step.
7. After each cycle of fatty acid biosynthesis, the product has __ additional carbon/s.
8. According to the KEGG database, human fatty acid synthase contains _____ amino acids and is also involved in the _____ pathway.
A. 2511; insulin signaling
B. 2511; β-oxidation
C. 7536; insulin signaling
D. 7536; β-oxidation
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more