The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
Give a short answer to each question (Use whole sentences!)
1. What is the approximate time period for the Bebop era as given in the reading? (Years, not Ã¢â‚¬Å“3am Ã¢â‚¬Ëœtil 6amÃ¢â‚¬Â.) 1pt
2. It is said that bebop developed in after-hours jam sessions. What two clubs are mentioned in the reading as places where bebop was Ã¢â‚¬Å“bornÃ¢â‚¬Â?
3. What effect did a musicianÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s union strike and subsequent recording ban have on the publicÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s awareness of the development of the bebop style?
4. Three people are generally mentioned as the main characters in the development (or at least popularization) of bebop. Name them and the instrument they played.
5. Describe the difference between a typical bebop group and a typical swing band. Size, audience, jazz values, amount of improvisation within a performanceÃ¢â‚¬Â¦etc.
6. Listen to the bebop examples given in the zip file and unit. Pick one and map out the performance like we did for Ã¢â‚¬Å“Lazy BirdÃ¢â‚¬Â earlier in the classÃ¢â‚¬Â¦..just a basic chart on what happens throughout the performance. TELL US WHAT SONG YOU ARE MAPPING OUT!
Ex. Piano and drums play an intro
Trumpet and sax play the head
Sax takes first solo
7. You have heard Ã¢â‚¬Å“DizÃ¢â‚¬Â, Ã¢â‚¬Å“BirdÃ¢â‚¬Â, and Monk. Briefly describe each personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s musical style, life and personality (thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s three things!). This is a double points question so be thorough.
8. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re stuck in the car on a road trip with your jazz loving buddy. You have a choice between a Charlie Parker CD, a Gillespie CD and a Monk CD. You have to play one. Which one do you choose and why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more