The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
Part 1 Questions
1. Complete and Table 1 to assess the species diversity of communities A and B in the Serengeti (5 points).
2. Which community has the greatest species richness? (2 points) 3. Which community has the highest diversity? (is the most diverse) (2 points)
4. Briefly explain why the community you chose in question 3 was the most diverse answer (2 points).
PART 2. BIODIVERSITY: VALUE AND CONSERVATION
Use the following weblinks to answer these questions about the value of local and global biodiversity in our lives.
5. Taxus brevifolia is the scientific name for Pacific or western yew, a slow-growing subcanopy tree that grows in old-growth coastal forests. What modern medicine is derived from this tree and what disease does it treat? Provide the source (link) where you found the information. (2 points)
6. The Vancouver Island marmot one of the most critically endangered mammals in the world. How many remain in the wild? http://www.marmots.org/ (1 point)
7. Why are Vancouver Island marmots considered to be endangered? (1 point)
8. Briefly describe what “Ocean Wise” is. (1 point) http://www.oceanwise.ca/about
9. True or False. UBC is “Ocean Wise.” (1 point) http://www.oceanwise.ca/partners/all
10. Tilapia is a popular fish. Under what conditions is it considered to be Ocean Wise? When is it not Ocean Wise? (1 point) http://www.oceanwise.ca/about
Use the following link to answer the last 2 questions: http://sustain.ubc.ca/ 11. What was the estimated greenhouse gas emissions from UBC in 2014? (1 point)
12. How much has UBC reduced its greenhouse gas emissions since 2007? (1 point)
Figure 1. Species composition of two communities on the Serengeti Plains of Africa.
See Table 1 for names of species associated with each symbol. More information on Serengeti National Park, the UNESCO World Heritage Site is available at http://www.serengeti.org/.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more