Personal Ethical Views
With this assignment, direct your attention to personal ethical choices in the workplace. Motives are a key consideration in ethical decision-making. As you read through the various models and rationales used to make decisions on ethical dilemmas in your course text, think about the one that most suits you, your personality, and your own moral standards. In particular, refer to the four ethical approaches: Utilitarian, Deontological, Virtue, and Communitarian.
Then, you will identify an ethical issue that has impacted you and apply one of the ethical approaches to remedy the issue. This is an important exercise because the most crucial thing you can learn from this course is how to identify, analyze, and successfully resolve ethical dilemmas.
To prepare for your assignment, refer to the following readings:
Francis, R. D., Murfey, G. (2016).
Global business ethics: Responsible decision making in an international context
Links to an external site.
. Kogan Page.
· Chapter 4, “Organizational Factors in Business Ethics,” pages 61–86.
· Chapter 5, “Individual Factors in Business Ethics,” pages 87–106.
Mayer, D., & O’Toole, J. (2010).
Good business: Exercising effective and ethical leadership
. Taylor & Francis.
Chapter 2, “How to do the Right Thing: A Primer on Ethics and Moral Vision,” pages 29–43.
Think of an ethical issue you have been a part of, either personally or professionally, such as nepotism, a data breach, inappropriate social media posts, or harassment/discrimination. Next, you will pick one ethical approach (Utilitarian, Deontological, Virtue, or Communitarian) and explain how you will use this approach to remedy the issue. Don’t forget to describe the ethical issue.
Follow the steps below to complete your assignment. For all of these steps, make sure you provide examples and information from credible sources that will support your writing:
· Step 1: Compare and contrast the four ethical approaches.
· Step 2: Analyze the reasoning process behind an ethical decision.
· Step 3: Analyze ethical decision-making principles and actions.
· Step 4: Analyze cultural and environmental influences on ethical decision-making.
· Step 5: Evaluate a personal decision based on ethical decision-making principles.
Your submission should meet the following requirements:
Written communication: Write in complete sentences free from errors that detract from the overall message. Communicates in an exemplary and professional manner through clear, concise, well-organized, and grammatically correct writing.
Font: Arial, 12 point.
Page length: 4–5 pages.
Citations: Include complete citations of your sources. Review
Evidence and APALinks to an external site. for more information on how to cite your sources. You can also use the
Writing CenterLinks to an external site. resources to help you with the writing process.
Review the assignment rubric for details on how your assignment will be graded.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Evaluate the parameters for ethical decision making in 21st century multi-cultural business environments.
· Compare and contrast the four ethical approaches.
· Analyze the reasoning process behind an ethical decision.
· Analyze ethical decision-making principles and actions.
· Analyze cultural and environmental influences on ethical decision-making.
· Competency 4: Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
· Write in a well-organized and concise manner that adheres to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more