Module 6 Discussion
11 unread reply.11 reply.
This assignment is intended to help you learn to do the following:
· Integrate ethical practice in real world context.
· List the applicable laws and policies related to cyber defense and describe the major components of each pertaining to the storage and transmission of data.
· Describe how the type of legal dispute (civil, criminal, private) affects the evidence used to resolve it.
1. Review the Case Study of High-Frequency Trading – “Flash Boys” in Kremling & Parker (2018).
“In March 2016, a judge asked for the extradition of the British high-frequency trader Navinder Singh Sarao to the United States. The British trader was accused of having a substantial role in the 2010 “flash crash” of the U.S. stock market by engaging in spoofing. In May 2010, the Dow Jones plunged by more than 1,000 points. High-frequency trading has received much attention as one of the contributors of the flash crash. Navinder Singh Sarao allegedly manipulated the stock market by putting in large orders for securities in an attempt to change the price for the securities. Once the price had changed, Navinder would cancel the order and take advantage of the price change. Between 2010 and 2014, Navinder made about $40 million in profits. One year later, he was charged by the U.S. government with wire fraud, commodities fraud, commodities manipulation, and spoofing” (Kremling & Parker, 2018, p210).
2. create a post with a minimum 350 words that share the following:
· Spoofing is illegal in the United States but not in Great Britain. If you were the British judge deciding over the extradition of Navinder Singh Sarao, which factors would you consider?
· Matt Samelson, the chief executive of the consulting firm Woodbine Associates, stated: “Technically it is market manipulation, but some people would call that clever.” If you were the defense attorney of Navinder Singh Sarao, what would you argue? Do you consider what Navinder did to be an example of cybercrime?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more