The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4516 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
– The student will identify the different types of crisis and their impact on the patient safety and health (AACN Essentials, QSEN: safety, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics and patient centered care).
– The student will be able to approach and safely manage patient/families in crisis.
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points (10%).
Submit your completed assignment under the Assignment tab by Friday 11:59 p.m. EST of Week 15 as directed.
1. The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
Preparing Your Reflection
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR4516 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice.
2. Synthesize theories and concepts from liberal education to build an understanding of the human experience.
3. Use skills of inquiry, analysis, and information literacy to address practice issues.
4. Use written, verbal, nonverbal, and emerging technology methods to communicate effectively.
5. Apply knowledge of social and cultural factors to the care of diverse populations.
6. Engage in ethical reasoning and actions to provide leadership in promoting advocacy, collaboration, and social justice as a socially responsible citizen.
7. Integrate the knowledge and methods of a variety of disciplines to inform decision making.
8. Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system.
9. Value the ideal of lifelong learning to support excellence in nursing practice.” (p. 12).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more