Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Due: 10/11/2023 11:59 Via Blackboard No extensions since this is due on
the last day of class.
You will be required to create an annotated bibliography for a variety of books for children birth-
age 8. Follow the guidelines below to create your annotated bibliography.
Step1: A book list of 20 multi-cultural/culturally responsive/anti-bias books for an infant, toddler,
preschool, or school age classroom library, including the book title, author, year of publication,
focus topic and a summary of each book. Books under the following genres for children birth-age
8: (At least one for each genre/category)
● Realistic Fiction: A genre of stories that are made up but could very well happen in real life.
These stories often take place in settings familiar to your students — like schools — which makes
them more relatable.
● Historical Fiction: A genre of stories that didn’t really happen, but are based on events in history.
They’re perfect for kids who love to explore the past, and are often full of big adventures.
● Fairy Tales s: A genre in which stories are passed down from one generation to the next, such as
tall tales and folk tales. You probably heard a number of these as a child.
● Science fiction: A genre of stories that are not very likely to happen in real life, but are generally
set in the future and tie in with science and technology.
● Fantasy: A genre of stories that are made up and include ideas that could not happen in real life,
often involving magical or supernatural elements, such as talking animals.
● Mystery: A genre of stories that involve a secret or crime that needs to be solved, usually by the
end of the story. Because kids need to pay close attention to details and follow cause and effect,
mystery books can be a great way to boost comprehension and other literacy skills.
● Informational: A type of nonfiction that provides factual information about a particular topic such
as sports, animals, or historical events.
● Biography: An account of someone’s life written by another person.
● Poetry (Nursery Rhymes): A genre where verses, that may or may not rhyme, are written to evoke
a feeling from a reader.
● Foreign Language: A book written in another language
Step 2: Write an annotated bibliography for each of the books you selected above. Use APA format
to cite your book.
● Paragraph 1: (This paragraph should be at least 5 sentences)
○ Identify the genre and what the book is about.
○ What age group is this book appropriate for and why.
● Paragraph 2: (This paragraph should be at least 5 sentences)
○ Explain how you plan to use and apply this book in your professional field.
Step 3: Organization and format
● Double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman
● You should organize your list in alphabetical order in your table of contents. After the title,
include what genre it belongs under. Include a cover page for your project and a cover page for
each genre and the title of the book you selected for that genre/category
The following is an example using the book The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Carpenter, S., & Asbjørnsen, P. C. (2001). The three billy goats Gruff. New York: Scholastic.
This book falls under the fantasy genre. The story is appropriate for preschool and school age
children. This is a great book for this age group because children are able to understand and follow/
sequence events of a story. It also teaches children about morals, such as not being greedy. This book is
fun and highly interactive since it can be used with puppets or flannel boards.
My suggestion for this book would be to use it as a “book of the week”. For example, this book
can be implemented in the math center because we can practice counting to 3. In this same center,
children can practice learning and applying size concepts such as: small, medium, and large. We can also
use this book in the STEM/STEAM area and build a bridge for the goats to go over. Finally, children can
practice sequencing of events and identifying main characters, since there are not that many.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more