1. Two main reasons for the resurgence of TB are
______HIV__________________ and ___ drug-resistance strains of the organism______________________.
2. A definitive diagnosis of TB is made by ________Skin Test _______________ and ________________________.
3. Infection with a resistant organism can be acquired in two ways: _____________ and __________________.
4. What is the prime directive regarding treatment? ______________________________________
5. Which two drugs are almost always included in the treatment regimen? __________________ and __________________
6. ____________________ is the treatment of choice for latent TB.
7. The most common adverse effect of isoniazid is _________________________.
8. An adverse effect unique to rifampin is ________________.
9. Pyrazinamide is ______________________ to M. tuberculosis.
10. The adverse effect of ethambutol is ________________________.
1. ________________ is the drug of choice for preventing anthrax in people who have inhaled anthrax spores.
2. Because of the risk of _____________________, ciprofloxacin is not recommended for children younger than 18 years of age.
3. Ciprofloxacin is the only systemic _______________________ approved for pediatric use.
4. Absorption of oral ofloxacin is reduced by cationic substances, such as ________________, ________________, ________________, ________________, ________________, and ________________.
5. Ciprofloxacin can increase plasma levels of ______________________, ______________________, and ______________________.
6. Ofloxacin elevates plasma levels of warfarin but has little effect on levels of ______________.
7. Fluoroquinolones pose a risk of ___________________ that may be moderate or severe.
8. ___________________ is a broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone indicated for respiratory infections such as community-acquired pneumonia.
9. ___________________ is used for protozoal infections and infections caused by obligate anaerobic bacteria.
10. _______________________ is used primarily for tuberculosis.
1. The opportunistic mycoses include ______________, ______________, ______________, and ______________. The nonopportunistic mycotic infections include ______________, ______________, ______________, and ______________.
2. Much of the toxicity of amphotericin is attributable to the presence of __________________, principally ________________, in mammalian cell membranes.
3. __________________________ is the drug of choice for most systemic mycoses.
4. Amphotericin B is toxic to the ______________________________.
5. The combination of _______________ with a relatively low dose of amphotericin can produce antifungal effects equivalent to those of a high dose of amphotericin alone.
6. _________________ is an alternative to amphotericin B for the treatment of several systemic mycoses.
7. Compared with amphotericin B, the current first-choice drug for invasive aspergillosis, ________________, is equally effective and poses a much lower risk of kidney damage.
8. Because the development of resistance is common, ________________ is almost always used in combination with amphotericin B.
9. Effective topical agents for the treatment of thrush include ____________, ____________, and ____________.
10. The drugs used most often for oral therapy of onychomycosis are ____________ and ____________.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more