The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
1) The soma sensory neurons are located in which of the following structures?
a. Dorsal column
b. Ventral root
c. Dorsal root ganglion
d. Gray matter
2) Bill has lost feeling in his left foot. Briefly describe 3 possible locations of injury that could result in this symptom and explain how each injury results in this symptom.
3) Briefly describe a major difference between spatial temporal summation of presynaptic inputs onto a postsynaptic neuron.
4) As the strength of the stimulus increases, the amplitude of action potentials generated by a sensory receptor
b. Remains the same
5) What type of sensory receptor detects pain resulting from tissue damage? (one-word answer)
6) A decrease in pH of cerebral spinal fluid will cause respiration rate to?
b. Remain the same
7) A sensory receptor that detects light touch of the skin is an example of?
a. Visceral receptor
c. All of these
e. None of these
8) Membrane potentials for a postsynaptic neuron are recorded at its axon hillock (trigger zone). Resting potential for this cell is -80mv. Individuals stimulation of presynaptic neurons A,B and C results in the following changes in membrane potential at the axon hillock: +10 mV, -10mV mV and +20mV. If all 3 presynaptic neurons were stimulated at the same time, then the membrane potential at the postsynaptic axon hillock would be:
b. None of these
9) Briefly describe one major difference between an inotropic receptor and a metabotropic receptor.
10) Which of the following neurons would have the fastest conduction velocity of an action potential?
a. Myelinated axon that has a diameter of 1 micron
b. Unmyelinated axon that has a dimeter of 3 microns
c. Myelinated axon that has a diameter of 3 microns
d. Unmyelinated axon that has diameter of 1 micron
11) Sensory receptors in which of the following locations play a role in regulating breathing rate?
a. None of these
b. All of these
12) The effect of a neurotransmitter on a postsynaptic neuron are typically very brief because the concentration of the neurotransmitter in the synaptic cleft decreases rapidly soon after transmitter is secreted by the presynaptic neuron. Describe 3 mechanisms by which the transmitter is removed.
13) Which of the following characteristics does NOT apply to both chemical and electrical synapses?
a. Communication between interacting cells involves changes ion concentrations in the cytosol
b. Only one-way communication between nerve cells is permitted.
c. Action potentials are involved with communication between nerve cells.
d. None of these apply to both type of synapses
14) Which of the following changes will induce an IPSP in a postsynaptic neuron?
a. Influx of calcium ions
b. Efflux of potassium ions
c. Efflux of chloride ions
d. Influx of sodium ions
15) An increase in carbon dioxide levels in the cerebral spinal fluid will cause respiration rate to?
b. Remain the same
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more