The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
1. With whom did Aaron Copland study while he was in Paris?
A. Arnold Schoenberg B. Béla Bartók C. Nadia Boulanger D. Igor Stravinsky
2. Which of the following musical traditions was most familiar to American colonists in the seventeenth century?
A. German B. Canadian C. Native American D. English
3. The score for Star Wars includes music by
A. Beethoven. B. Mahler. C. Mozart. D. Tchaikovsky.
4. No two performances of The Unanswered Question are the same because
A. it’s unmetered. B. it’s improvised. C. Charles Ives never wrote it down. D. orchestras are different sizes.
5. Miles Davis’s 1969 album Bitches Brew was called “fusion” because it combined
A. bebop and hard bop. B. jazz and rock. C. jazz and classical. D. African and European popular music.
6. Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker were two musicians who helped to creat new style of jazz called
A. scat. B. bebop. C. the blues. D. jazz rock
7. Carnegie Hall was built
A. in the late nineteenth century. B. just after the Revolutionary War C. during the Civil War. D. just after World War I.
8. Charles Ives wrote all of the following except
A. The Unanswered Question. B. the Concord Sonata. C. Three Places in New England. D. Appalachian Spring.
9. Which of the following was not a result of film scores being created almost entirely with synthesizers and computers?
A. Film composers ceased to be important. B. Musicians lost their jobs. C. Film scores were created with a greater variety of sounds. D. Movie makers saved money.
10. Which of the following was the first professor of music at Harvard and the leader of a group of Bostonian romantic composers?
A. George Bristow B. Louis Moreau Gottschalk C. John K. Paine D. Amy Beach
11. The gifted pianist and composer who toured Europe, gaining widespread recognition on both continents, was
A. Amy Beach. B. Horatio Parker. C. John K. Paine. D. Scott Joplin.
12. Which of the following ideas was not part of Charles Ives’s musical philosophy?
A. He idealized the simple virtues of ordinary people. B. He had little regard for technical skill.. C. He placed value on the performances of amateurs. D. He was concerned that his music always be played by professionals.
13. Which of the following is a characteristic of African music that influenced jazz music?
A. Polyrhythms B. Chordal harmony C. The major scale D. Monophony
14. Jazz musicians referred to _______ as “businessman’s bounce.”
A. ragtime. B. Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue C. classical music D. commercial dance music
15. Which of the following is Copland’s best-known twelve-tone composition?
A. Piano Variations B. Fanfare for the Common Man C. Billy the Kid D. Connotations for Orchestra
16. “The question” in Charles Ives’s The Unanswered Question is represented by
A. the silence before the piece begins. B. the soft, gentle strings. C. the program. D. a five-note motive.
17. The music played during the earliest films (pre-1900)
A. covered the sound of noisy projectors. B. introduced characters and themes. C. conveyed the mood of each scene. D. was played on a phonograph.
18. Which of the following pairs did not collaborate to write music and lyrics for a musical?
A. Bernstein and Sondheim B. Joplin and Cohan C. George and Ira Gershwin D. Rodgers and Hammerstein
19. Ragtime is never
A. improvised. B. written in duple meter. C. played by a band. D. syncopated.
20. Which of the following is an example of a work song?
A. A nostalgic Civil War-era song about life on a farm B. A nightclub pianist accompanying dancers C. A professional opera singer performing an aria D. Workers singing while laying railroad tracks
HELOOOO HELLLOOOOO CAN ANYONE HELP ME !!!! I ALREADY HAVE THE ANSEWRS JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY R RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLO HELLO !!!!!!!!! ANYONE ??????????
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more